Okay, so when I was a kid there was this endless supply of walnuts in our house. The reason for this was because my mother and grandmother loved to bake and my aunt had walnut trees on her farm. It was only when I moved out on my own that I realized how expensive walnuts are and how lucky I was when I was younger.
So, awhile ago I got walnuts at the market and didn’t know what to do with them. I made Waldorf Salad a couple times and that was it. I saw an article in I think? All You magazine on the health benefits of nut butters and thought, “Oh, how I love nut butter” I’ve had sunflower and Almond butter but then it him me, my walnuts! I’ve never had walnut butter but the recipe was so easy I knew I could really screw it up.
So, without further adieu:
Alright so here’s your list of necessities:
- Oil (they say nut oil but I just used regular old veg/olive combo)
- Nutcracker or HAMMER if you are me
- Some type of processor
How I Roll in teh PREP
Alright, so here’s the super simple instructions.
- Bust open the nuts (Little bit of nut humor up there)
- Get your processor ready ( I use a Ninja)
- Add a little honey – about a tablespoon and a little oil
- Start pulsing until it’s buttery